Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Kitchen Ruled

After a brief visit to the Seat of Knowledge this morning, I rolled up my sleeves, put my hair in a very fashionable green scrunchy and started a full day in the kitchen!

I made

  • Braised Steak and Onions
  • Beef Stroganoff
  • Sweet Chilli Chicken Casserole
  • Hot n Spicy Tomato Sauce
  • Vermicelli Salad with Lemongrass Chicken
Tomorrow, I plan to make

  • Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
  • Coconut Love Cake
  • Seedy Bread
After all of that, I have a few chores that need to be done before I go away on Saturday, as well as packing, as well as a movie date with Adoring Husband on Friday morning.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie "Last Vegas" with Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline and Mary Steenburgen.  It looks hilarious!

This morning I got to meet our new neighbour, The Lecky, who is currently in the process of building a home on the block next door.  For the short time that I spoke with him, he seemed like a nice man, which is a relief!

I also had a surprise visit from Woman of Many Talents this afternoon and we spent an hour catching up.  I got to see the latest pics of her beautiful little grand daughters, and we've made plans to do lunch when I return from the Sunny Coast.

So it was a day full of all things good and now I think I'm ready for a long nap!

Nite all.

No comments: