Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Change of Plans

We woke up to steady rain this morning, so we decided that it was a good day to go to the movies.

We saw 'Last Vegas' today.

LOVED IT!  Hilarious and relatable .. especially for those of us over 50 yrs of age.  Great cast and I'll definitely buy a copy of the dvd when it's released.

So that meant that my cooking plans went out the window - although I did cook a chicken curry of sorts .. which I made up in my head .. which was very tricky because I've probably only cooked 3 curries in my life .. but Adoring Husband went for seconds, so I guess I did ok!

I also roasted a chicken.

I'm about to go cook some bread and make the Chocolate Hazelnut Pie as soon as I sign off here.

That will give me all of tomorrow to do my chores and pack my bags!

Being organised is not a good thing for me .. I always forget something important when I'm organised, so I need to make sure and procrastinate between now and then, just to put a bit of pressure on myself.

I do my best work under pressure.

It's been a while since I shared some quotes ...



Now ... if only I could remember where I planted the rosemary!






We can't all do everything, but we can all do 'something'.


Ok I'm off to the kitchen!

Nite all.

 

No comments: