Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet Sunday

What a beautiful sunny Autumn day!

After I left the boys at the Seat of Knowledge and got my coffee, I pedalled down to the Lions Park and rode all the way along the river path, stopping a couple of times to chat with some locals.  Then parked myself under the big gum tree in front of the beach and took this photo.


Twenty minutes later, I was pedalling back in the direction of the Seat of Knowledge, when I stopped under another big gum tree to try to photograph the pelicans as they flew past.  They were flying one at a time every few minutes and below my eye level, so I wanted to take the photo from slightly above them.

As I patiently waited for the next one to fly past me, camera at the ready, I also saw a couple of Brahminy Kites heading in my direction and then a voice spoke up behind me.

It was a local man who LOVES to chat about birds and he pounces on me for LONG chats whenever he sees me.  Ugh!

Not now.

So thirty minutes later, having missed all of the shots of every bird that came in my direction, I headed home, with visions of a big breakfast of bacon and eggs and then I planned to make a new paleo tomato sauce in the slow cooker.

I walked in the door to discover Adoring Husband preparing dinner in the slow cooker!  What a lovely surprise!

No bacon and eggs.  No tomato sauce.  It was worth missing out on both of those because dinner ended up being delicious and I didn't have to do a thing!

So it was definitely a sweet, lazy Sunday for me!

Nite all.

No comments: