Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Value of You

I follow a site called Prevent Disease and they posted this little story today, on their facebook page, which I wanted to share here.

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked. "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.


"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the
ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No
matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, YOU ARE STILL PRICELESS TO THOSE WHO LOVE YOU. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by ...WHO WE ARE.

You are special - don't ever forget it."

... and along that theme ...


AAAAAANNNNDDDDD ... I won the flickr challenge this month with my bee photo!!  Wahoo!! The prize?  A slight boost to my self esteem :) although I think I took more than I should because my self esteem is boosted a bit more than slightly. Don't tell anyone though.

This was the photo...


I had a great day with Adoring Husband today.  I did lots of shopping ... food shopping, which I really enjoy ... mostly at the Go Natural Store and Nana's Pantry, but I also got some good bargains while clothes shopping and bought 3 tops, a pair of cargo pants, a bracelet and a necklace.

I also pampered myself, thanks to AH and enjoyed a pedicure.

Not a single second of study today .. so I should be fresh as a daisy tomorrow :)

Nite all.

No comments: