Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Grounding or Earthing

Walking bare foot on the earth.

Kick your shoes off and spend half an hour in your garden or walk on the beach or play frisbee in the park or splash in muddy puddles!

History shows that humans once had constant contact with the earth. That was before shoes, floors, bitumen, rugs and all those things that now separate us from bare ground.

There have been, and are currently, multiple studies documenting the improvement in balance, stress, sleep, heart health and blood viscosity, among other things, when grounding is practised.

Earthing allows a transfer of electrons (the Earth’s natural, subtle energy) into the body.

Inflammation is caused by free radicals and they are neutralised with electrons from any source, so this is where grounding will be beneficial in easing, healing or improving all manner of different ailments and illnesses.

Earthing restores natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.

If you really want to get into the nitty gritty (pardon the pun) of earthing, then go here, where you will find lots of detailed information.

For more studies and some interesting videos that show how grounding works, go here.

You must admit, you always feel good after a long bare-foot walk along the beach. The sand grinding between our toes and the fresh, cool, salty water cleansing our feet.

I know I'll be doing that more often and I hope to drag Adoring Husband along to enjoy the benefits.

I've taken a few photos over the last couple of days, but I haven't looked at them yet .. perhaps tomorrow. Food, birds, symmetry, flowers and bees.

It's almost 11pm.

I think I'll get an early night!

Nite all.

No comments: