Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Annie

I recorded a program on the Studio channel early yesterday morning on the famous photographer Annie Leibovitz. She began her career with Rolling Stone magazine and moved to Vanity Fair and she also took the very last photograph of John Lennon just 5 hours before he died ...


and you all remember the pregnant and naked Demi Moore!


I think Annie is beautiful .. she reminds me of a cross between Barbra Streisand and Julia Roberts.

She makes me want to be a portrait photographer!

So, after Adoring Husband arrived home from his SES meeting, we spent the the rest of the evening watching that program.

It's almost midnight and I seriously want to pick up my camera and go wake people up to photograph them!

Unfortunately, I didn't get another photo for the symmetry challenge and now the challenge is over. There are some great entries (and some not so great), however, I don't stand a chance this month. The winner will be announced next Monday .. I have my favourites picked out already.

I think I have stretched my procrastinating to it's very limits and tomorrow I simply MUST get serious about my video assignment. Wish me luck!

Nite all.

No comments: