Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

TV and Food

A lazy kind of Sunday for Adoring Husband and I.

We bypassed the Seat of Knowledge this morning because the town's problem resident was there and I didn't want to start my Sunday with a dose of negativity, so AH and I went straight for our morning coffee fix instead.

A short sharp morning storm hit while we were there and after AH rushed home during a break in the rain, I got myself another coffee and sat with a friend for a catch up.

When I got home, AH and I watched a movie starring Michael Douglas and Dianne Keaton called 'And So It Goes'. It wasn't as funny as I expected, but still quite enjoyable.

I made an omelette for lunch, which turned out to be a cross between an omelette and scrambled egg .. I've never professed to be a great omelette maker. I seem to struggle with omelettes and ANZAC biscuits for some strange reason.

AH and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching Season 7 of Big Bang Theory which was a good giggle.

I made some energy balls with a list of ingredients so long, I don't even think I could remember everything to list them here, but they included maca powder, raw cacao, grated dark chocolate, hemp oil, coconut oil, dates, cranberries, raisins, almonds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, coconut, tahini, nut butter, maple syrup and that's all I can remember.

There are about 30 of them, they are pretty tasty and very healthy!

Lamb rack with veggies and gravy for dinner.


********

There was some sad news in the neighbourhood today, our neighbour in the rental property next door passed away during the night. He had been ill for a long time with emphysema, requiring an oxygen bottle to help him breathe and a wheel chair to get around. I spoke to his wife just last week, who told me that she didn't expect him to last much longer.

RIP Ray.

********

Nite all.

No comments: