Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Capturing my Interest

I searched for days to find this show, so that I could watch it while it was being aired last night, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Luckily, one of my facebook friends found it and shared the link today.

'Catalyst' is one of my favourite shows for getting some real and honest information. They look for the truth for the common people, rather than the truth attached to big corporation advertising dollars.

So here is the link if you're interested in information regarding the chemicals to which we and our children are exposed on a daily basis and how we are being affected.

Today, Adoring Husband and I had a movie date and saw "What We Did On Our Holiday". It is one of the best movies I've seen for a long time and we absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately, it was funny enough that the audience laughter drowned out substantial sections of the dialogue, so I'm going to buy it when it's available on dvd so that I can see (and hear) the entire movie.

I believe that today was the final showing at the cinema, so hopefully, it won't be long before it's available to buy on dvd.

After the movie we went to lunch at the 'Wild Lotus Restaurant' on the Esplanade. It was recommended to me by Mardi and she was spot on.

The Lunch Menu

The food was great and the atmosphere inside the restaurant was very calming and comfortable. I had slow roasted pork belly and AH had seafood medley. I think the Wild Lotus will become one of our favourite lunch haunts.

Just have to add that the waiter (who I am led to believe, is also the owner) was very easy on the eye .. a nice bonus :)

It's been a very dull, grey, rainy day. Great for movie dates and great because we need the rain as well as the drop in temperature. March was officially declared our hottest March in history!

All the tourists are now arriving for the Easter break, during which time we have a huge fishing competition, that (I think) triples our population for a 4 day period.

It is our intention (as it is every Easter), to hibernate and avoid the crowds.

Nite all.  

No comments: