Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Much Ado About Everything

So much to do, so little time.

It's cold. The maximum temperature did not go higher than 10C today. The air was still damp with the heavy rains that we experienced over the last few days and the humidity was over 90% all day. I can feel the cold in my bones .. the girl who doesn't feel the cold, is DEFINITELY feeling the cold!

At least the temperature is predicted to reach 16C tomorrow!

I saw my old hairdresser today .. I could tell that he was disappointed in my current hair situation and he advised me to put a special shampoo in my hair. I wish I could remember what he said. Maybe BGWLBH will remember .. maybe 'silver' shampoo??

Back in the day, 'Magic Silver White' or 'Magic Silver Rose' were popular after putting blond in your hair, so I wonder if that's what he is talking about? I should have asked more questions, but I felt embarrassed. Not necessarily because I've let my hair go 'a la natural', but because it got rained on yesterday and it's fuzzy from the humidity and I didn't straighten it the last time I washed it, so it's very messy and fly-away and kinky.

At least I got some washing done today. Some of it I dried in the clothes dryer and the rest is hanging up in my bedroom .. the weather certainly is not conducive for drying the washing on the line.

More beautiful flowers arrived today.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day, and then we have a date with some friends tomorrow night so I'm off to bed.

It's time to start thinking about returning home. I'll make my decision tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: