Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Two More Sleeps

The time has come to bid a fond farewell and I will be flying out early Monday morning.

It's kind of bittersweet.

I'm looking forward to seeing Adoring Husband and sleeping in my own bed and cooking in my own kitchen and triking in the warm Winter sunshine, but I feel really sad to be leaving BGWLBH. I know that she has some tough times ahead of her and I wish that I lived closer so that I could visit more often.

We don't even need to talk. It's just about 'being there'. It's difficult to 'be there' when you live 1500 kilometres away!

We had a good day today. We picked up my new car ... because I'M BATMAN!


BGWLBH drew out a winner's name from the barrel ...


I submitted my photo for the flickr challenge "Australian Wildlife". This is a male 'Mallee Ringneck Parrot'. Very prolific in this area, but highly sought after in my neck of the woods.


I think BGWLBH is planning on waking me early in the morning so that we can get photos of mist on the lake, so I'd best get some sleep .. it is, once again, almost midnight!

Nite all.  

No comments: