Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Health Check

My health has obviously been compromised somewhere in the last two weeks.

It could have been when we got drenched at the funeral. It could be because I haven't had any bone broth or fermented veg or sunshine or exercise for the last two weeks. It could be because the temperature has ranged from 2C - 15C for almost the entire two weeks that I've been here.

Who knows?

I have that niggling raw feeling at the back of my throat, which started yesterday evening.  I've sneezed about a dozen times today and my nose has been just a touch runny.

Luckily BGWLBH had a large jar of fresh honey from the bees and bowl full of fresh lemons from her trees at hand for me to mix up a batch of hot honey and lemon. I've taken a teaspoon of honey every few hours.

I can feel my body fighting it, but I'm not sure I will win this one. Fingers crossed.

Uncle Polly Waffle arrived tonight for a few days with the family, so with everything in the fridge, we scraped together enough to prepare a feast to feed six people with leftovers for tomorrow night as well.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go ... there is a song in that! My bag weighed 14 kgs on the way here, but I think it will weigh about 18 kgs on the way home! I did a little shopping while I was here, and yes that is unusual isn't it?????? Ha ha!

I'm NOT looking forward to climbing out of bed at 5.30am when I know it will be an icy cold predicted 1 degree Celsius!

I AM looking forward to landing in 24C and sunshine at home!

Believe it or not, it is only 9.40pm and I am already sitting up in bed as I write this, feeling snug and warm. I will attempt to sleep early in preparation for my big day of travel tomorrow so ...

Nite all.

No comments: