Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Weather Event

I woke at about 4am to the sound of rain on the roof.

So there was no trike ride to the fire station this morning .. maybe tomorrow morning.

Adoring Husband brought my coffee to my bedside so that I could spend a lazy couple of hours reading and easing my way into the morning.

I ordered a new hair straightener (because my old one sucks) and a hair curler online from Harvey Norman. Once they confirmed the order, we headed into The Bay at lunch time to pick them up. I really love the 'order and pay online and pick it up in store' idea!! I wish all shops did that!

Unfortunately, though storms were only predicted for Maryborough and further south, as we were heading home, a huge storm followed us. We were pelted with heavy rain that fluctuated between a smashing downpour and soft spray for about 20 minutes.

There were huge puddles across the road that made for some tricky driving and I even made AH pull into a shopping centre car park under some sails to wait for one heavy downpour to finish.

We made it home safe n sound and soon after that, after a couple more heavy showers, the sky cleared and the rain was gone.

Our rain gauge showed 28 mm, but AH hadn't emptied it since the rain last week while I was away, so I don't know how much rain fell today.

I won the flickr challenge this month with my Mallee Ringtail Parrot shot that I took in Griffith while I was there. Now I have to think of a theme for this month and I really have no idea!

Anyway, it was a slow day. I have some chicken bone broth in the slow cooker and tomorrow I need to make up a batch of dog food.

I'm also going to practise with my new hair curler! That should be interesting!

I've reached my midnight deadline, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: