Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Thawed Out

The warm Queensland Winter sunshine has today thawed my bones.

I saw my boys at the Seat of Knowledge and sat in the sun with them for about half an hour before meeting the girls for coffee at our usual haunt. There were only four of us. Mardi, Maid Marian, Reality TV Queen and myself. We had plenty to talk about because we didn't leave our table until well after 10am.

Afterwards, I really wanted to pedal around town to search out the Tawny Frogmouth nests, but I'd bought some meat from the butcher, so I had to get home with that, plus Adoring Husband was only going to be home for a few hours, so we were having our main meal as a late lunch. Food preparation was the order of the morning.

I have to mention here that I am liking my new skin care products very much! I've used all of the products now and I really like the feel of it on my skin. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take before I'm supposed to notice any difference. I've been on the website this evening and there are pages and pages to read about so many different aspects of skincare .. including diet and exercise, organics, naturopathy, ageing etc.

I think that I may have to dedicate some reading time to that site.

Our monthly barbecue at the river was tonight, but AH had a meeting out of town, so I pedalled down to a very windy and uncomfortable evening with some very cold friends, each wearing about 3 layers of clothes. Of course, I told them to toughen up and that they had no idea what 'cold' really was!! Our barbecue lasted all of 75 minutes .. well actually, I pedalled off after 75 minutes, I guess the others may have stayed longer, but I doubt it!

I did, however, discover a new Tawny nest on the way to the barbecue *insert beaming smile here*. These Tawnies attempted to nest in the same tree for the last two years, but something caused them to toss the eggs out of the nest before they hatched. They usually do that when something happens to one of the parents .. the remaining parent knows that they can't care for the chicks on their own and so they toss the eggs.

I will be watching closely and hoping for the best this year, because the nest is quite low and I think I can get some great photos of the little chicks when they hatch. Fingers crossed!

I will do some more searching tomorrow.

My plan was to go to the movies tomorrow, but I think the movies can wait. I have other things that need to be done.

Can you believe that it's almost midnight .. again?

Nite all.

No comments: