Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Birthdays Galore

There are two months of my year that seem to be full of birthdays. They are May and September. I know a lot of people whose star signs are Taurus and Virgo. I wonder why that is?

Today was Mrs Bucket's birthday. A year ago, today, we were on Magnetic Island celebrating her 65th birthday and since then, she has endured a separation, a divorce and major surgery. It's been a tough year, but she seems happy now. I hope she's happy.

I spoke to her on the phone this morning while I was having morning tea with the girls. There were only four of us this morning, but it was an interesting morning with lots of news and crazy discussions. It seems that the entire universe is going deaf!

We missed Lady Lynn this morning who is off galavanting around Brisvegas for a week. I do hope she is enjoying herself!

I saw my boys briefly at the Seat of Knowledge. It was a glorious Spring morning and the sun was divine. I hope tomorrow is the same because I have a date with Tweedle Dum to take photos of her orchids and her beautiful golden retriever dogs in the morning. She is one of my memory lapses from last week.

I've set an alarm on my phone so that I don't forget tomorrow!

I finally finished the photos for BGWLBH and emailed them off. I hope she's happy with them. I'm a bit disappointed, but the circumstances were not really conducive for putting the time and the love into getting great images, so my 'average' effort will have to do.

I'm only going to share one pic. It's Unka Polly Waffle and Lulu ...


He was my favourite because he looked after BGWLBH the best.

It's heading fast towards midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: