Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bring on the Warm and Fuzzies

You know that scene in the movie 'Shall We Dance' where Richard Gere appears on the escalator wearing that beautiful smile and that delicious suit and carrying that long stemmed red rose *swoon* and then he dances with Susan Sarandon while her work colleagues take her rose and stand there shedding a tear?

I love that scene.

Yes, I just watched that movie and now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Adoring Husband set up our Christmas tree this afternoon and there is a giant box of decorations sitting in the lounge room waiting for me to find the motivation to decorate both the tree, and the house.

I don't think I'll have time to do it tomorrow because I have a lunch that I'm looking forward to and then it's club night .. so maybe on Saturday.

I even bought some new baubles today. A quick trip into The Bay to buy some organic chocolate chunks and peppermint extract turned into a much more expensive episode with a new car booster seat in preparation for Chicklet's visit at Christmas, some clothes, some pyjamas and some underpants for her, along with a bucket of Christmas baubles!

Adoring Husband and I are dangerous together when it comes to shopping!

Did you know that Kirk Douglas turned 99 years of age today?


Wow!

It's almost midnight, so I'm off to bed. Short and sweet tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: