Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Meals

Lady's lunch today was delicious.

Twelve of us met at Arkarra Tea Gardens for lunch. Even though it was a very hot day, the breeze blowing over the lagoon and through the trees, was absolutely perfect, and the food was wonderful.

I ordered the King Prawn and Mango salad, and for dessert, I had the strawberry tart.


There were a LOT of people seated at the tables, which were scattered throughout the gardens, so it took quite some time for our meals to be served. I think it was an hour between when the last person at our table ordered, to when it when the meal arrived at the table.

It was so worth the wait though, and I look forward to taking Adoring Husband and my camera to the gardens next time.

I arrived home with about 40 minutes to get ready for the club tonight and I was lucky enough to have Adoring Husband accompany me tonight!

Neither of us was lucky on the pokies or the raffles or the keno and at the end of the night, quite on the spur of the moment, we decided to eat dinner at the restaurant.

I ordered Chicken and King Prawns with salad and chips. I was pleasantly surprised! I haven't eaten at the club restaurant for at least 6 months and I knew that there was a new chef. I hadn't heard any rave reviews, so I wasn't expecting much.

We have a date with 'The Sex Therapist' and a bunch of other people, on 18th December, for dinner at the club, so I am looking forward to that now.

I've been very spoilt today with food and friends.

It's only 10.30pm and I've only had 3 glasses of wine tonight, but I feel quite tired, so I think I'll have an early night. There are a few storms about and some heavy rain heading in our direction. Adoring Husband has to be out of bed early to work at the markets with SES.

It's been a great day and I will lay my head on the pillow with a smile on my dial.

Nite all.

No comments: