Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Another Super Saturday

The pain that I have experienced in my legs last night and today, has been so intense, that I hardly slept last night because even the slightest movement shot incredible pains through my calves and thighs.

When I attempted to get out of bed this morning, my legs almost collapsed from underneath me and it took a good five minutes to shuffle into the ensuite for my morning pee!!

I was confused and wondered how the hell I could be so sore just from walking! I walked more than 10,000 steps each day, which is much more than I've walked in years, but this kind of pain did not equate to walking.

I actually started to panic just a little and wondered what kind of medical condition could cause my muscles so much pain. Were they wasting? Were they seizing? Even my days of intense sport and gym work never delivered this kind of after pain.

Then as I searched my memory banks for all of the activities over our time away, I remembered the twelve flights of stairs! When the lifts in our apartment block stopped operating on Thursday morning, I decided to walk down from the twelfth floor to the ground floor.

At the time, when I reached the bottom, I thought to myself "That wasn't nearly as bad as I expected!" I even moved down the stairs quite quickly because there was a couple from NZ almost running down the stairs ... they were older than me (probably early 60s), and much bigger both in height and weight.

I didn't even attempt to keep up with them, and I tried to keep my movements smooth while using the rail to support myself so that my legs didn't take all of my weight the whole way down. I certainly hope that couple are suffering as I am!!

It was difficult for me to reach the seat of my trike this morning because I have to stand on tippy toes for my butt to slide onto the seat and it hurt too much to do that.

I've used my doTERRA ICE blue rub to massage my calf and thigh muscles which has helped considerably, but still, the pain is intense!

I sent a text to the three other girls who walked down SIXTEEN flights and they too, are in pain.

A sports therapist told me today, that I will feel worse tomorrow. If that's the case, I will be staying in bed all day and Adoring Husband can go buy a bed pan because I will be incapable of moving. I think she is wrong and if she is, I will take pleasure in visiting her to prove it.

I was able to shuffle my way around the local markets this morning. There was a new stall selling different flavoured balsamic vinegars, oils and spice mixes. I bought two of the vinegars, one of the spices and ordered two others to be picked up next month.

I also bought another crystal and a yellow lead light cross to hang in the frangipani trees in the front garden.

Then it was time to come home and put my feet up. I cooked lunch/dinner mid afternoon and then watched the football all afternoon and evening.

I hope my night in bed is more comfortable than last night because I really need to catch up on a week of broken and disturbed sleep.

So thanks for listening to my whinge.

Nite all.

PS A quick shout out to poor Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver who have been very ill this week. I'm thinking of you and hoping that you recover quickly. Sending love and sympathy in your direction.


❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

A couple of months ago we walked down (many steps) and then up (many steps) to Porcupine Gorge. It took 36 hours for the pain to set in and OMG....I've never experienced so much pain in my calves ...... so.....much sympathy Roz. It took a few days before I was back to normal!

Age said...

Thanks Judi .. you're right, it took about 36 hours for the pain to hit me too. I'm grateful that I didn't have to climb back UP those twelve flights .. I don't think I can even imagine your pain! Magnesium oil and the doTERRA ICE rub have done the trick and I only have a niggling pain when I stand up now.