I used the doTERRA rub three times yesterday, the last time was immediately before bed when I sprayed the magnesium oil on first, followed by the rub. I'm impressed with it's effectiveness.
I think I mentioned that four of the ladies were ill while we were away and one of them, with the flu, was sharing our apartment.
It seems that my body was working so hard to fix the muscle pain, that my immune system weakened and I am now experiencing some of the early signs of the flu.
You know that raw uncomfortable feeling in the back of the throat and intermittent runny nose?
I'm pumping myself full of raw garlic (antibacterial, vitamin C and potassium) which I'm chewing and swallowing slowly, so that the antibacterial properties have a chance to touch the tender area of my throat. I follow that with a teaspoon of raw honey.
I've doubled my probiotic (because healing begins in the gut) and my vitamin C intake.
I blended a big batch of
- watermelon - vitamin C for immune support
- organic pineapple - the enzyme bromelain and vitamin C, both of which encourage healing
- organic ginger - which has broad spectrum antibacterial, antiviral and antioxidant properties
- organic lemon - vitamin C and flavonoids to fight infection
- organic strawberries - providing lots of antioxidants like vitamin C for boosting the immune system.
I'm drinking home made chicken broth with turmeric (anti-inflammatory) stirred through it.
Lots of filtered water to keep my body hydrated.
I will definitely have an early night and hopefully some good solid sleep will give my body the final surge of healing power so that I wake up tomorrow as good as new!
So that's the continuing saga of my health - thankfully, none of it is serious and can be easily healed and hopefully, the sun will be out tomorrow so that I can soak up some healing vitamin D.