Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Easy Monday

Today, to give my body a chance to concentrate on healing, I took it easy all day, catching up on all the TV shows that Adoring Husband recorded for me while I was away last week.

I diffused eucalyptus essential oil in the lounge room. Spoon fed myself raw honey with chopped garlic. Drank chicken broth and fresh juices. Popped vitamin C and probiotics. Sat in the sunshine for twenty minutes.



Tonight, as I did last night, I'll make a honey, lemon and ginger hot drink to sip while I'm reading in bed.

My throat is no longer sore or tender, but there is a bit of a tickle there, which disappears whenever I eat the honey and garlic mixture. The tissues have had a bit of workout, but I'm not getting worse, so that is a big positive for me.

Adoring Husband spent the day in the back yard clearing out the storage shed. He worked hard and got rid of a lot of 'stuff' that we no longer want or need. We found some stuff that we thought we'd lost in the tornado damage and found thousands of old photos that need to be scanned and saved to pass on to (mostly) AH's family.

I did manage to put on a batch of chicken bone broth to slow cook for the next 24 hours ...


Some more scarves arrived in the mail today. There are another dozen coming this week, but this is my stash so far ...


I'll add strings of beads and crystals and old jewellery to make a beautiful bohemian window cover for my studio/workspace, which will be moved into one of the bedrooms in August/September. That gives me plenty of time to create something arty farty and very bohemian.

I found this very interesting article about cholesterol today .. and the fact that it was published in mainstream media, means that my friends who only give credence to medical information that they see or hear about in the mainstream news, might take some notice.

Clearly, I need another early night to help me fight the bug, so ...

Nite all.

No comments: