Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Hangin' in there Tuesday

So, I'm still hanging in there. The bug hasn't taken hold of me, but I can still feel it lurking.

After drinking a large mug of bone broth while having a late morning in bed, I eventually managed to package up the remaining chicken bone broth and freeze 15 days worth of it.

Blending some pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, raspberries and mint, made for a refreshing drink full of vitamin C, to have with lunch.

I was enticed out to the shed this morning by Adoring Husband, who was still sorting through 'stuff' that has been stored for years. There has been some brutal culling performed and our sulo bin is more than full for tomorrow's pick up service.

AH and I went through a large box of photos today and tossed out quite a few old rolls of film and boxes of slides. They were mostly of his three Auntys' many Australian road trips and overseas cruises.

Knowing how much time, effort and expense went into this massive collection, it seems such a shame to be getting rid of these memories, but there is no-one left to appreciate them and AH's kids are not interested, so it is obviously the end of an era, and we need to let them go.

The important photos will all be scanned and stored on usb sticks. AH has many, many more photos than I do, although my little sister 'Squirt' has boxes of our family photos stored in her roof in Blackwater. It must be time to get them down here, so that we can scan them and store them more securely.

A very very young Adoring Husband, long BEFORE he was my Adoring Husband ...

Or in his dancing days leaning against Johnny O'Keefe's Cadillac (I think this is his favourite pic of himself) ...

By noon, I was well and truly done, and after making lunch, plonked myself down on the couch and took the lazy way out for the remainder of the day.

Late this afternoon, I received a phone call from my little Chicklet, who is currently enjoying a holiday with her Mama and Dadu on the Gold Coast.

In her very excited voice, she told me all about her day yesterday at Sea World and then today at Movie World. She saw dolphins jumping out of the water high as a building. She saw a Polar Bear. She saw penguins swimming in the pool (so far the only photo taken on the phone) ...

She touched sting rays and starfish and sea slugs. She walked through the underwater tunnel and saw giant turtles and sharks and it was heaps better than Underwater World on the Sunny Coast.

At Movie World, she met Catwoman! She saw The Flash (who was only walking) and Green Lantern and Superman. She saw the Bat mobile and the Bat Glider. She saw Tweety Bird and Bugs Bunny. She saw a 4D movie of Wile E Coyote with the 3D glasses and wind and water. She got a giant lollypop. Tomorrow she hopes to meet Batman!

It was awesome listening to her talking so loudly and so quickly, trying to get all the information out at once. Yesterday was the BEST DAY EVER! But today was EVEN BESTER THAN YESTERDAY!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's phone call to hear all about Batman!

Bed time for me now!

Nite all.

No comments: