Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

8 Ball Meat Balls

From behind the eight ball yesterday, I eventually found my way to the front of the eight ball and everything fell into place today, very nicely.

Even with my relaxing start to the day, I was able to get almost everything done.

After coffee in bed, I showered and rode down to meet the girls for more coffee. It seemed like forever since we'd spent any quality time together and it was especially nice to catch up with Lady Lynn, Rebel Mardi and Maid Marian. Everybody had lots of news to share and the time passed so quickly, that before we knew it, we all had to rush off to different commitments.

I rode home with enough time to cook up the meatballs, find a recipe and cook up a delicious spicy dipping sauce, figure out how to transport it all, pack my drink cooler with wine, ice and a glass, organise my camera gear and make myself presentable for lunch.

I didn't have time to make up the dog food, but Adoring Husband made a suggestion that helped me postpone that until tomorrow. Thanks darling.

My ride arrived a little bit late, but I was the first of three to be picked up. I thought I had a LOT of gear to fit in the car, but crikey!! The other two were loaded up with a big esky and bags of goodies that had to be loaded in the back of the ute.

A big thank you to The Blonde Bombshell's husband 'Oscar the Grouch' (who really isn't as grouchy as he tries to make out), for dropping us off and picking us up from the luncheon.

There were quite a few ladies already perched and drinking at The Designer's house when we arrived. The Designer's home was stunning and the outdoor area where we gathered was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated. Everybody had brought at least one plate of food and there was a table set up in the middle of the area to hold it all.

We served ourselves and then sat at the huge table at the other end of the room to eat.

Luckily, I made my gluten free meatballs, because the only other food that was GF, was The Speckled Hen's avocado dip. I got to enjoy half a dozen of my meatballs, but not the devilled eggs that I'd made because my tummy is no longer 'egg friendly'. I'd also like to add that everybody pounced on my meatballs and devilled eggs and they were the first plates to be emptied!

Aside from the food situation, it was a really enjoyable day. I got to spend time with quite a few of the ladies and met a new young woman who has recently moved to the area. I had a very interesting conversation with The Designer who told me all about her home and how it came to be as it is today. She is certainly a talent.

I took a few happy snaps and one group shot, which unfortunately was taken after a couple of the ladies had already left.


There were sixteen of us (I think) and we all had a very nice time. I'm glad that I made myself go, because for a little while, I was considering staying at home.

The Speckled Hen failed to tell everyone to bring their togs (swimmers), so she was the only one who actually went for a dip in the pool. Two other ladies took their togs but chose not to go in.

It was about 3pm when we all offered our sincere gratitude and bid our farewells to The Designer.

Oscar picked us up and drove us to his and BB's house, where we all had another drink to end the day on a tipsy and jovial note. Just as I was about to phone Adoring Husband to come pick us up, Oscar offered to drive us home. What a good man :)

Needless to say, I was a bit peckish by the time I arrived home, so crispy skinned chicken and salad was the quick and easy way to go for dinner.

It's almost midnight, so you know where I'm off to now?

Nite all.
 

No comments: