Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 27, 2017

I Know Everything Already

That's what IKEA stands for ... sometimes.

Did you know that IKEA are the initials of the founder of IKEA? Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.

I'm telling you this because we spent more than 4 hours in IKEA today. The car is now laden with goodies from there!

During the night in Byron Bay, there were huge storms that literally shook our little cabin and woke us up a few times. We weren't badly disturbed and easily fell back to sleep, but there was plenty of rain and the temperature dropped considerably. The Motivator even wore a light jacket at breakfast.

After a delicious and nourishing breakfast in a Byron Bay restaurant, we wandered into a neighbouring shop where we looked at a $24000 couch and a $1200 evening bag before quickly departing to find a less expensive store! We didn't buy anything anywhere.

We then drove through the Gold Coast and Brisbane to the North Lakes IKEA centre where we spent a luxurious 4 hours strolling through, testing furniture, taking a million photos of everything that we wanted (for now and in the future), filling our trolley with the 'now' stuff and thoroughly enjoying decorating our imaginary new homes.

They kicked us out of IKEA at 5.30pm and it took us 30 minutes to find our car *rolls eyes* because we went to the wrong level twice!

As we drove north, I was trying to find some accommodation in Mooloolaba, but the only available rooms were more than $280 for the night. I found one in Caloundra for $188 and so I phoned up to make the booking and the woman on the line, who I struggled to understand through her accent, told me that the room cost $468 for the night!! I thanked her, hung up and then booked the room (at $188) online as we drove along.

This is it ...





Two queen sized beds in the room! A 5 minute walk to the on site restaurant where we enjoyed Calamari, Pork Belly with an Asian salad and then Crispy skinned salmon with Zingy rice and quinoa. All accompanied by a couple of alcoholic beverages of course.

Now we are curled up in bed ready to sleep and have been afforded a late checkout, so we will take our time over a buffet breakfast in the morning and before we head home, we will stop at Kunara Organic Markets for a spot of healthy shopping.

Why yes! We are having a lovely time! Thank you for asking :)

Nite all.

No comments: