Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Party is Over

What a draining, exhausting, exhilarating, remarkable day!

We are now full of positivity and light and we're ready to push forward and create a life of abundance. We have plans that are already taking shape and I'm excited about my future. Adoring Husband had better be ready, because I'm coming to get him!!

After some fond farewells at the end of the course, we drove into Byron Bay and found a little Thai Take Away place where we bought some Pad Thai with Duck and some Prawns in Basil Chilli sauce. It was bloody delicious!

We got home, poured a Vodka and Tonic each and sat outside in the barbecue area, eating dinner, debriefing, making plans and sharing our excitement about what lies ahead.

The Motel owner dropped by to say g'day as he prepared for new guests to arrive.

After dinner, we both phoned our Adoring partners.

Now, we are feeling our bodies beginning to complain bitterly.

Time to rejuvenate and regenerate with some deep sleep.

This is a bit of fun to start your day ...

Animals that look like they're about to drop the hottest albums of the year.

Welcome to a new week!

Nite all.


No comments: