Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Abundantly Clear

I slept very soundly in this comfortable bed.

We've had an amazing day at the retreat and boy did I clear some crap! This crap clearing is fantastic! So many issues. Some obvious. Some surprising and unexpected. Some long standing.

As fantastic as crap clearing is, it is also freaking exhausting and draining. So many tears! Not just mine. There was a lot of heavy stuff happening in that room today and at the end of the day, you could feel the shift, feel the change in the air and see the lightness in people's steps and the light in their eyes.

Tonight before we left, we had a bonfire where we all stood around in a circle and threw the papers with our limiting beliefs written on them into the fire and watched them burn. We sang songs, we made jokes, we swayed, we danced and we hugged.

You know that I'm not usually a 'hugging, touchy feely' kind of person. I'm not one to easily shed tears or show any extreme emotion. I like to suppress my emotions, put a lid on them and pretend that I'm strong and tough.

I think I've done enough work on myself this month to let all the tough stuff go, feel ok about shedding some tears and to now feel the love and enjoy some warm hugs.

Not only that, I now know that I'm capable of, and that I'm good enough to create an abundant and fulfilling future for myself. There'll be no holding me back now.

Look out world! Here I come!

But not tonight because I'm buggered!

I'm going to have a lemon myrtle tea and then climb into bed so that I'm ready for another abundantly fulfilling day tomorrow.

I'm going to take some photos of the resort tomorrow. It is a beautiful place and one day I'm going to come back for a week, to just spend some time and 'be'.

Temple Byron

Have a lovely Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: