Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Beyond Tired

We are exhausted.

The Motivator is sound asleep in bed and I can hear a few snores through the bedroom door lol.

It has been a huge day, including a Google Maps detour that almost ended our lives!

Maps sent us up this narrow, winding, white gravel road with a 200 foot drop down the left (yes that's the passenger side!) and cars were driving on it at astronomical speeds. Twice we genuinely feared for our lives and in one instance, a ute appeared around a bend in the opposite direction at about 100kmh and came horrendously close to wiping us out.

We thankfully arrived at our destination safe n sound, but once the adrenalin stopped pumping, I think we both experienced a little bit of shock.

We had 40 minutes to unpack the car, freshen ourselves up and head out to the resort for our workshop.

It started at 6pm and finished at about 10.30pm. We had to drive home and make some dinner because we hadn't eaten since lunch time and now I can hardly keep my eyelids open!

I must sleep.

It's now midnight and we need to leave here to start a 12 hour day at 8.30am.

Have a great Saturday!

Nite all.

No comments: