Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Photography Free

I find it odd that I've had no desire to take photos while on this self made personal retreat in Canberra.

The photo opportunities have been many and varied, with beauty and colour and energy and movement and dance and costumes and so much more!

In a bid to keep this retreat as my own private and personal journey that remains captured in my head and my heart, I've kept my phone/camera securely zipped in my bag.

It's been a fabulous two days and I've thoroughly enjoyed this 'me' time. I can't even remember the last time I did something on my own, so far from home ... eating when I feel like eating, going wherever my little heart desires, whenever my little heart desires and not having to take anybody else into consideration.

No sacrifices, no compromises, no second guessing and being completely and totally selfish.

I'm certain that it wouldn't be so enjoyable if my life was like that all the time, but once a year would make me very happy!

Today, I commissioned a lady to create a turquoise and silver pendant. She is a silversmith by trade and was selling gemstones at the health and wellness festival.

Today, I was asked for my website details by two stall holders and I issued my business card to them! Woot Woot!

Today, I was given my numerology details. He took one look at me and announced "You have something big and new and amazing happening at the moment!" and asked me for my date of birth.

I am a SEVEN. I'm philosophical and imaginative. I don't take things at face value and I need to study, test and analyse everything. I must learn through personal involvement and that makes it easier to share my experiences and apparently that makes me a good teacher. I find strength within myself and I am reluctant to ask for the help that I need.

I repel conformity. I strive for mental growth and development. My later years will be filled with writing and research.

I don't suffer fools. I struggle to finish tasks (ain't that the truth!). I need to be free to be me, so don't put me under the thumb. I have a magnetism that draws people to me (yeah whatever).

That's a brief summary of my 'life purpose' and my 'inner qualities'.

Anyway, after that, I could hear the sounds of the Multicultural Festival calling me, so I walked in the direction of the music and found myself being forcibly moved through the crowds. It reminded me of 'Finding Nemo' when the turtles were swept along the ocean currents! I had to pick my moment to jump free!

There was food from every nation on the planet - none of which was advertised as gluten free and the queues were so long, I wasn't going to join them if it meant finding that I couldn't eat it. So I moved to the entertainment area and found a seat to enjoy the dancing and the costumes and the music.

My favourite, by far, was the Greek music and when everybody joined in the Zorba the Greek dance. Everybody from every age group joined in and were having such fun! My cheeks ached from smiling so hard.

After I'd spent time sitting at four of the many live music stages, I decided to call it a day. It was 4pm and I was starving, so I found a restaurant that had takeaway roast pork and veg and then I went in search of a familiar landmark so that I could figure out how to get back to my accommodation.

I ate dinner, watched the women's cricket, read for a while and here it is after 9pm already!

Best pack my goods and make sure everything fits in the suitcase!

Nite all.

No comments: