Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Happy Times

I must send a 'thank you' to Leonie Dawson!

This weekend was supposed to be a retreat, learning about running a website as a business. I was very excited about this retreat and I can't explain to you how disappointed I was when it was cancelled a few weeks ago. *insert sad face here*

I must also send a 'thank you' to Adoring Husband .. who suggested that I still come to Canberra anyway, treat it as my own personal retreat and have some 'me' time. *insert happy face here*

I knew about the 'Health and Wellness Festival' which is held in the Convention Centre, but there are two big bonuses to add to that. There is also a Wine and Food Festival in the downstairs section of the Convention Centre AND The Canberra Multicultural Festival is being held in the centre of Canberra, which is just a block away from where I am staying!

Streets have been closed off and there are hundreds of stalls with food and products and crafts from so many different countries, it's impossible to describe. So much colour and music and dancing and happy positive energy ... even bigger than the Childers Multicultural Festival, but with the same vibe.

I'll have more time to take a better look tomorrow.

The strange thing is that even though I am alone here, I don't feel alone at all. When I walked through the entry of the health and wellness  festival, I immediately felt like I was surrounded by friends. I felt safe and secure and welcome.

I felt no hesitation when I saw the stalls that I was interested in and I walked right up and asked for what I wanted. For the stalls that I didn't understand or wasn't familiar with their product, I satisfied my curiosity with questions - something that I would normally be too shy and afraid to do by myself prior to the Journey work that I did in Sydney the other week!

I had a psychic reading with a lovely lady named Jenny. I selected her from her photo and bio on a big poster with eleven other psychics.

I discovered, after I sat at her table, that her father has Parkinson's disease. I think the universe brought us together for that reason. Our 30 minutes together was more like a couple of friends catching up, than a psychic reading!

I had a whole body/health scan. It seems that I have Epstein Barre Virus, an overload of copper and lithium, hyperacidity, a minor infection in my intestines, arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries in my neck - but not around my heart or head), chronically low magnesium and an allergy to gluten, wheat, barley, rye, oats, egg yolk and buckwheat.

To fix these problems, I need to take digestive enzymes twice a day, a milk culture that I have to make myself, apple cider vinegar twice daily, magnesium bicarbonate, hydrogen peroxide, vitamin C and Astragalus.

Using the magnesium bicarbonate and the milk culture, it will take 2 years to clear my arteries. It will take up to a year to reach the correct levels of magnesium and then I can stop taking the magnesium bicarbonate.

Funnily enough, when I had the palpitations last year, I started taking magnesium, so that and stopping caffeine was enough to stop the palpitations. I also have digestive enzymes in the cupboard at home.

Raw garlic cloves and shallots will also kill the bad bacteria in my stomach.

I can only eat Kimchi and Sauerkraut once a week because it is too acidic for my body.

So there you go. I am very happy with this outcome. Even with my healthy eating and lifestyle, I knew there was still something 'not right' and if this scan is correct, I will be the healthiest person on the planet very soon.

This gentleman (Phillippe - whose clinic is based in Double Bay) said that even though it seems like a lot, compared to most people, I am very strong and healthy. My problems are minor and easily fixed.

I feel like this last month has been so full of positive outcomes for me mentally, emotionally and physically and I still have two more events to attend in the next week, which will only add to my wellbeing.

Life is good.

I am happy.

Nite all.

No comments: