Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 13, 2017

A Day of Rest

I didn't do much at all today.

I left the house this morning to feel the sauna-like heat hanging in the air.

I rode to the shops at about 8.45am and was surprised to see the boys still at the Seat of Knowledge, so I stopped for a quick chat with them.

I checked the mail to discover that the parcel I sent from Sydney on Friday morning, was here already (today is Monday)!

I bought up big on vegetables so that I could do a tray of roast vegetables with a leg of lamb and gravy. I made that for lunch and we had just a light dinner tonight.

I contacted Virgin Blue and changed my flight so that I could fly directly from Canberra to Sydney.

I confirmed my place on the Conscious Abundance workshop in Byron Bay.

I booked our accommodation in Byron Bay and got a good deal because the Manager had just had a run in with some nasty customers and she needed a shoulder to cry on ... I was happy to oblige and got a reduced rate for my troubles. She actually sounds really lovely.

I mixed together some essential oils to rub onto the pressure points of Adoring Husband's head to ease his headache.

I woke Adoring Husband from a sound sleep and sent him off to bed.

That's about it!

Happy birthday to my little possum, Chicklet. She is six today! How time flies. She is so grown up now and I can't wait to see her in March.


The original birthday plan was to attend Luna Park for the day, but they arrived to find it closed. Chicklet took it really well and instead they found a fabulous park with a flying fox and a trampoline and other fun parky things.


My gift for her, which was ordered on 29th January and supposedly shipped on 2nd February, still hasn't arrived. That was disappointing.

Chicklet had a good day.

Anyway, it's my bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: