Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 16, 2017

One More Sleep

My four days at home have been very relaxing and rejuvenating and just what I needed before the next leg of fun and frivolity.

I have to be up bright and early to catch the stupid o'clock train tomorrow morning.

It will be a four hour journey to Brisbane by train, then I need to make my way to the airport for a two hour flight to Canberra. The shuttle bus will then transport me to my motel.

By the time I open my motel room door, I will have been travelling for twelve hours. I can only hope that the bed is welcoming and comfortable!

I'm almost packed and I have a checklist ready for tomorrow morning.

The heat got to me a bit today and I lay down for a nap before Adoring Husband turned on the air conditioner and cooled the house down considerably.

Obviously, I'll need an early night so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow.

One thing I know for sure. The temperature ranges in Canberra will be 27 on the hottest day down to 9 on the coolest night. Sydney will range from 24 down to 18. Byron Bay will be 29 down to 21. So much cooler than here.

This means that I need to pack accordingly, which might be tricky! Layer upon layer upon layer upon layer.

Ah well, I can always go shopping haha!

Nite all.

No comments: