Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sunday Bloody Sunday

I started out with big plans for today.

Those plans did not come to fruition! I can tell that you're not surprised!

My 'to do' list is somewhat overwhelming and I am intimidated by the enormity of it. I don't know where to start and most tasks will take time ... hours in fact.

I sat down on the couch to drink my coffee this morning and Adoring Husband asked me what my plans were for the day. I recited what I wanted to get done today ... and then proceeded to sit on the couch watching more of the recorded TV shows from while I was away.

There I stayed until it was time to get ready for a Le Reve party that I had to attend at 2pm.

So, another day wasted where none of my tasks were completed.

I've had an offer of help, which I have accepted, so hopefully, by Wednesday night I will be feeling a lot more positive about my progress.

The Motivator and I spent a pleasant afternoon at Sirenia Beach attending a Le Reve party. We sat outside where there was a beautiful cool sea breeze blowing and our hostess provided healthful snacks and refreshing drinks. We laughed a lot and got to know some new people and spent a little money.

I've booked another Le Reve party for the end of March, so expect an invitation.

You know who you are :)

I'm going to bed now, The storm last night kept me awake until about 2am .. mostly because the psychotic dog's PTSD kicked in and there was much barking and panicking going on.

I need to catch up on missed sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: