Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Back Breaker

I'm annoyed that I forgot to take a 'before' shot of my workspace before I started the decluttering and clearing today.

I moved my mess into the next room, vacuumed the floor and then Adoring Husband helped move some chests of drawers into the room. One small chest is inside the wardrobe, and now holds the wallets and purses, the games, and the top of it is now home to my Photography magazines and an assortment of books.

We started at about 9.30am.

AH used his time to clean out the double garage while I worked on my room. We stopped for an hour at lunch, then AH cleaned the kitchen while I continued in my room.

I got myself into a really good rhythm and made some great headway before The Motivator arrived at 2pm. She was surprised at how much I had been able to get done, but there was still a lot to do. She was head down and bum up almost immediately, and between us, we worked for a further 3+ hours.

It's STILL not completely finished, but it shouldn't take long to find a home for what's left on the floor in the other room.

My back and my feet are suffering considerably with all that lifting and bending and walking through the house with bare feet on the tiled floor.

The family room is now full of empty boxes, a broken clothes basket and two bags of rubbish, all ready to be tossed tomorrow. The recycle bin is 'chockers' full of old magazines, recipe books, out of date paperwork and printouts of no longer required recipes.

I think I deserve an early night after all of that.

So ...

Nite all

No comments: