Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Bit Discombobulated

Both The Motivator and I were feeling a bit discombobulated today and weren't really managing our day very well at all.

I spent the morning negotiating a late (by 9 hours) inclusion of our ad in the local newsletter, but I won't know how successful I was until Monday. It was not a pleasant process and I was left feeling a bit blurgh by the end of it.

Having written a full page story over two days to go with our ad, I had to quickly redesign the ad to fit a smaller space and then negotiate a permanent ad space for future issues.

I phoned a man about some signs and he hasn't bothered to respond, so it's time to research other signage options.

We met with a few customers, a couple of people gave us their names for courses, The Little Mermaid paid us a visit with a friend, The Motivator covered a few chairs, we discussed how to hang my photos and at 3pm Adoring Husband drove me into The Bay to have some new photos printed - but I realised at the last moment that I didn't have the photos on my USB stick as I thought, so I had to spend the entire trip with my laptop open on my lap, desperately searching for the photos, which just so happened to be on my OTHER laptop.

Sigh.

Luckily, I was able to access some different photos to print, in place of the ones I wanted.

Tonight I've searched both laptops and put a lot of my photos onto the USB stick so that in future, I will have all of my photos in one place for when I need to print.

We didn't spend much time in The Bay. AH ran some errands while I was organising my photos and he will drive into town tomorrow to pick up the prints and take them to the framer for mat boards.

We had to get home so that AH could go to SES training, which meant that we still didn't get everything on my list. I guess the door mat can wait til our next trip into The Bay.

Right now, it's gone past 11pm, so I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow is going to be amazing and there will be no discombobulation!


Nite all.

No comments: