Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 11, 2017

Up and Away!

An amazing day at The Happy Abode today.

Many holiday makers who are returning home this week came in to spend all of their money before they leave lol - of course we were very appreciative!

Business owners who attended our launch on Sunday afternoon, came in this morning and also spent their money!

We received such good feedback from everyone, via phone calls and with personal visits, about how much they love the shop, it's energy and atmosphere and about our launch party. Every day gets better and better.

This weeks priority is finishing the design of our signs and ordering them. Writing up our story for the next newsletter. I also have to follow up getting us into 'The Independent' newspaper. THEN I have to design the photography course.

The Motivator and I held a GSD meeting on the beach this morning before work and wrote out a list of our priorities for the week, but then we got to work and were flat out with customers until lunch time!

Our GSD lists will be slow going at this rate.

Adoring Husband and I had a meeting at the Bowls Club this afternoon to discuss the menu for his 60th birthday bash in October. We left the shop at 3.10pm and were back at the shop by 3.35pm. That's how quick and easy our meeting was. We got exactly what we wanted for an excellent price, so we're all set.

The other big deal today, was a huge bushfire on the outskirts of town. The roads were closed and 40 homes were evacuated while 16 fire crews fought the fires and back burned to stop it from spreading. It was very scary for a while, but luckily, no homes or lives were lost.

This is how close it got to some homes ...

The fires are still burning, but the SES is no longer required because the fire fighters have moved on up the road.

I had big plans to be in bed by 9.30pm tonight, but AH was out supporting the fieries, and only got home at 9.30pm so I made him some dinner and now we realise how late it is and both need to climb into bed.

So it's good night from me!

Nite all.

No comments: