Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Art for Art’s Sake

It was a hell of a job setting up for todays art gathering.

Between the three of us, it took a few hours to set up four folding tables for art, taping the plastic table protectors to the tables because the wind was a bit crazy whistling through the carport, opening the new easels and placing them on the tables, collecting all the different media and strategically locating them on the tables. Finding different sized canvases, sketch pads, canvas pads, boards and water colour paper.



Setting up two smaller tables for the food, taping the table cloth, finding all the plastic wine glasses plus the margarita glasses, filling the esky with ice and putting all the alcohol in it.


Dragging all the heavy chairs outside for our seating comfort.

Then the wind picked up and we were concerned it might blow everything around so we cleared and cleaned in the art space in case we had to move inside. THAT was a chore in itself!

I made a cheese dip and BGWLBH did a fruit platter - the other girls were each bringing a plate as well.

Adoring Husband picked up the first of the girls and the others all arrived at staggered intervals, but by 1pm we were all seated and trying to figure out what to do with our creativity for the day.

It was just like old times, lots of laughter, lots of bagging each other out, lots of gossip, lots of drinking, lots of sexual innuendo and a little bit of focussed art.



I didn’t even take pics of everyone’s finished work!

We enjoyed each others company for a solid four hours.

Unfortunately, little Trish had to decline at the last minute due to illness. She had been in hospital all week and was called in for further tests today at 1pm but we missed her company.

It was a good (but tiring) day and the perfect way to celebrate my 63rd birthday.

Considering he was locked out of the house, could only view me through the bars of the gate and missed out on his afternoon play time, Harley was very well behaved all day. He’s such a good natured dog and as he grows and matures, I feel more and more blessed.

I cooked an easy chicken and salad for dinner and watched the footy afterwards

I’m absolutely buggered.

A big THANKYOU to AH and BGWLBH for all the effort, time and energy that they put in to make the day just right.

30 minutes after everyone had left, you would never have known that there was ever a party!

Now I need to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: