Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Mountain Drive

“Do you love me?” asked Alice.

“No, I don't love you” the White Rabbit answered.

Alice frowned her forehead and put her hands together as she always did when she felt hurt.

“See?” the White rabbit replied, noticing.

“Now you'll start wondering what makes you so imperfect and what you did wrong so I can't love you at least a little...

You know, this is why I can't love you. You will not always be loved Alice.

There will be days when others will be tired and bored with life, they will have their heads in the clouds and will end up hurting you...

Because people are like this, sometimes, Alice. Somehow, they always end up hurting each other's feelings, whether by neglect, misunderstanding or conflicts within themselves...

If you don't love yourself, at least a little... if you don't create an armor of self-love and happiness around your heart... the setbacks caused by others will become lethal and destroy you...

The first time I saw you I made a pact with myself: I will avoid loving you until you learn to love yourself!"

~ Alice in Wonderland

We had a great drive to Bauple this morning. The weather was delightful, the traffic was light, the road was smooth and new, the directions were easy, the people were warm and inviting and the trip was a roaring success.

The coffee shop no longer exists, the service station no longer exists, the mini supermarket come cafe no longer exists and Bauple is no longer the thriving hub that it once was, however there are plenty of lovely homes and friendly happy people.

We were invited for tea and coffee by complete strangers and we met four Bauple residents who gave us a rundown on what’s been happening with the town and who all agreed how much they love living there.

From there we met another local couple who were fabulous. Their 2 acre property is on the market and we got to inspect it, spending more than two hours with them and learning all about the previous owner and all the changes they’ve made in the last three years.

Beautiful people on a beautiful property.

It was a long day and we arrived home after 3.30pm. An early dinner of easy tacos.

I am buggered so sleep time for me.





Nite all.

No comments: