Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 28, 2024

House of Illness

We all spent the day in bed.

Not together!

I fixed my sore throat in less than 24 hours by swallowing 2 or 3 mouthfuls of colloidal silver every couple of hours. I make it myself at 15ppm and I swear by it for wounds, cuts, abrasions, infections, rashes, sunburn, cold sores and ulcers for humans and for pets.

I still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, which isn’t pleasant but I also feel like I’m already improving after just 24 hours.

There is lovely rain falling as I type this and the men have just started playing the Australian Open final in the tennis in Melbourne. I don’t really care who wins.

No cooking for me tonight and the others heated up the leftover lasagne from last night.

I started to watch the movie “Rabbit Proof Fence” today, but due to storm activity,  3/4 of the way through it, the TV lost connection so I missed the end. I’ll have to find it another day to see it.

I had a few naps today but I’m still tired. I may not get to see the end of the tennis.




Nite all.


No comments: