Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Missed a Day

Monday was uneventful.

I slept poorly on Monday night and estimate that I slept for about 3.5 hours, so it was difficult to get out of bed for meditation.

That meant I arrived two minutes late to class and it was a FULL class!

Meditation and qi gong were fabulous, followed by a three hour session with The Gypsy which was inspiring, as always.

The worst part was pedalling home at 1.30pm in the heat of the day. I wasn’t sure I was going to make it and by the time I arrived at our driveway, I was shaking, overheated and in physical pain.

I was able to get my trike through the gate and just about fell through the sliding door into my art space where I flicked on the air conditioner and fell onto the lounge chair to gather my wits.

Ugh 😩 

After ten minutes, I moved into the house and lay down on the couch in the family room for another ten minutes.

Everybody in the house was otherwise disposed so nobody came to my rescue, except Harley, who jumped all over me and licked my face!

I hadn’t eaten all day so, thanks to Adoring Husband, I was pleased to find a GF meat pie waiting in the oven for me. Just what the doctor ordered.

I spent 45 minutes playing with Harley before cooking duck breast with spicy fruit sauce, accompanied by baked vegetables (potato, sweet potato, carrot, onion, zucchini and tomato) and steamed beans for dinner.

MAFS night!

I’ve got an early start tomorrow so best get some sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: