Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Caffeinated

That’s how I felt until 4am.

There was not a tired or relaxed bone in my body and I was zinging wide awake.

I did NOT drink tea or coffee or any drink/food with caffeine in it after 10am Saturday.

In fact I climbed into bed at 8pm feeling like I might not see out the second half of football because I was yawning and feeling very tired.

Well, I DID see out the football, followed by the movie “Robin Hood Prince of Thieves”, followed by Graham Norton, followed by TVSN shopping and now I’m expecting two nice tops to arrive in the mail in the next couple of weeks!

I attempted twice to turn off the TV and lie in the darkness practicing my slow steady breathing, which usually works instantly.

Not last night.

The last time I looked at the time it was 3.38am and I know I didn’t fall asleep straight away after that.

I woke briefly at 7am and I fell back to sleep until 9am. Not enough sleep so my energy levels were quite low all day.

I found enough energy this afternoon/evening to bake a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and I decorated it with fresh strawberries.

For dinner, I did a rolled lamb roast with baked vegetables - potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and garlic with steamed beans and sugar snap peas. Home made gravy.

It was all very delicious and we all filled our bellies to the brim!

With such low energy, I watched a couple of movies and two footy matches during the day, so I feel much better and I think I’ll sleep well tonight.

So, as I watch the end of MAFS tonight, I’m ready for sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: