Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Failed Study Session! (AKA Another Successful Friends Marathon)

I tried to do a little studying today while watching 'Friends', but as usual, I got sleepy and ended up having a couple of catnaps (no, not even long enough to be called nana naps!)

My achievements for the day were very few.  A trike ride to the bakery for coffee, thirty minutes at the seat of knowledge, nine holes of golf, some washing, watching season four of Friends, cooking dinner, washing the dishes and now at midnight, attempting to post a token treasure on here.

About the best I can offer is some new photos of my little Chicklet with her favourite toy, Plonker Foot (I hope I spelled it correctly!)





She's my little 'Cutie Possum'.

Adoring Husband is still fighting off his flu symptoms and we have to attend his son's thirtieth birthday party at the Gold Coast this weekend.  Which reminds me ....

It was suggested today, to try 'ivy leaf', to clear up a cough at the end of a flu.  You know that cough that hangs on and just doesn't want to clear up for weeks after a cold or flu??  Apparently 'ivy leaf' does the job.  Must try to get some while in The Bay tomorrow afternoon!

I'm off to bed now because I can't find any toothpicks to keep my eyelids open and besides, I need to be up bright an early for aqua aerobics.

Nite all!  Sweet dreams!!

1 comment:

Trigga said...

She is a very beautiful little chicklet. :) ill have to come up and meet her.