Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekend to Party

I have to be awake at 4.30am tomorrow.

One of Adoring Husband's sons turns thirty tomorrow and is having a big party which we are attending tomorrow night at the Gold Coast.

So we are leaving very early in the morning and stopping at the Eumundi markets on the way.  We expect to be there for at least a couple of hours and will then drive on to the Gold Coast.

The restaurant where we are attending the birthday party is attached to a motel and that is where we are staying, so at least we don't have to worry about catching taxis anywhere and we can safely stagger home from the party any time we want to leave.

I don't enjoy the drive down there, but once we arrive, it should be a good weekend and we usually have a bit of fun with Jovial Son and his newish wife.  They have a good bunch of friends and a close family, so there is lots of love to be spread around.

Speaking of lots of love ... I have some new photos of Chicklet to share with you all today.

This looks like the beginning of a raspberry to me!

Cutie Pitootie

Adorable little doofus!
She has had a massive growth spurt this week and for me, there is a noticeable difference in her size and shape.  She seems more grown up to me as well.

So that's it for me tonight.  I don't know if I will be able to post anything tomorrow night.  We'll see how the day and evening pan out.

Nite all

No comments: