Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 and Fabulous

The thirtieth birthday party is a SUCCESS!

Just quickly - we left home at 5.30am, stopped at Sexie Coffee for 30 minutes where we had coffee and breakfast then drove on to Eumundi markets.

Shopped at the markets for three hours and then drove through to the Gold Coast.

After we checked in to our room, we went to Harbourtown, which is only about ten minutes from our motel!  We shopped there for almost three hours and then drove back to our room where we got ready for the birthday bash.

Here is the view from our balcony ...



We hope to get a nice sunrise in the morning from the opposite direction to this photo.

We got downstairs to meet up with all of Jovial Son's friends and family and waited for Jovial Son to arrive, at which point we all shouted 'SURPRISE!' (and he was!)

It was fabulous night.  Caught up with people whom we hadn't seen since his wedding and generally had a good time.

But now, it's almost midnight and I can feel the pumpkin thing happening, so it's sleep time.  Catch up tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: