Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Joke of the Day

I can NEVER remember jokes!

Almost every morning at the 'Seat of Knowledge', one of the guys, Raymond Claude, tells a joke.  

He is a brilliant joke-teller!

Everybody stops to listen.  

People pause as they walk past, asking him if he has a joke to tell.  

His jokes are always funny and mostly clean.

This means that I hear at least four jokes every week from Raymond Claude and over a period of two years that adds up to over 400 jokes!

I cannot remember a single one of them!

I have this one joke that I heard twenty or more years ago on television ... it may have been Glynn Nicholas on Humphrey B Bear and it goes something like this ....  

The goldfish swam into a wall. He said ... 'Dam!'


Nite all :o) 



2 comments:

Vegan Chickie said...

LOL! Excellent joke!

This is the only joke I can remember

What did the giraffe say to the other giraffe?

Nothing! Giraffes can't talk!

Age said...

hehehe The simple jokes are always the best!