Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

Had the family over for lunch today.

I can't believe how much Chicklet can change in a week!

She is growing up so fast and changing and developing daily.  I never noticed it so much with my kids when they were babies because I was so busy doing the motherly and wifely stuff.

Life happens and you go with the flow.

With Chicklet, I just get to watch and observe, and it is SO noticeable!

I should have taken photos today, but I get caught up in the moment with her and I can't take my eyes off her, watching her every move and listening to her every sound.  It's difficult to even have a conversation with anybody because my head is full of Chicklet.

I'm a hopeless case... but I know I'm not alone because I've had many conversations with other grandparents who all make the same observations with their own grandchildren.

I believe that grandchildren should come with warning labels.

I get to have more Chicklet joy on Friday :o)

Yesterday, I mentioned that I got some nice sunset shots, and here they are.




We got to the park and waited 30 minutes for the sky to change from that first photo.  Not even the slightest change happened, in face, the colour almost all went away.

Adoring Husband gave up and began wandering around taking photos of other things.

I was JUST about to give up myself, when I saw a slight change in the clouds and then watched it all unfold into this beautiful crimson sky that turned the river into the colour of malten red lava.

This lasted for ten glorious minutes and I couldn't stop pressing the shutter button.  It was an amazing natural spectacle.

Everybody loves a good sunset!

So I'm sitting here watching a little mouse scuttle around my lounge room floor.

One of our lounges has been taken away for repairs and I think the mouse is a little disoriented!

I'm not amused and I don't like mice and I don't have any traps and I can hear his little feet hitting he carpet as he runs.  Ugh!

I've known we've had mice for a while and we've plugged in the electronic sensors that are supposed to keep mice away ... I think we all know how effective THAT has been.

At the same time, I can hear the Willy Wagtails singing outside.  I love Willy Wagtails :o) but I find it strange that they sing at all hours of the day and night.  Sometimes I wake at 3 am to the sound of their song.  When do they sleep?

I know when I sleep ... right now, while Chicklet is growing faster than a speeding bullet.

Nite all.

No comments: