Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Ideas Girl

I got an email from BGWLBH yesterday.

She had some fabulous ideas for both my photography group challenge, and the garden photography competition.

Unfortunately, it was too late for the garden photography competition because it closed that day.

Unfortunately, it was too late for the challenge because the people I needed for her idea, won't be here again until Tuesday, which is the day after the challenge closing date!

There was one line in her email, however, that attracted my imagination, and that was "gardens are for people to be in and have fun in".

I thought about inviting lots of people over for afternoon drinks and setting some tables and chairs and stools about to create a party atmosphere, but it seemed like a lot of trouble for everybody else to go to, just for me to create a photo for a challenge that doesn't even have a prize!

So I wandered around my garden, looking and thinking, thinking and looking, when I had a spark of an idea.

I have so many garden ornaments, frogs in particular, that I thought perhaps they could have a tea party in the back yard.

I began setting up for a tea party.

Then halfway through the setting up process, I thought to myself 'after a tough day in the garden, the beverage that my frogs would most enjoy, would probably be an alcoholic beverage!'

Change of plan!

I found a small round hat box, placed it below my "GardeN" sign and covered it with a cloth napkin for a table cloth.

We had a little box of coloured shot glasses (from the 70s era) so I placed them around the table.

Two piccolo bottles of wine, one placed in the centre of the table and one placed in a wine cooler on the ground next to the table.

Six frog garden ornaments placed strategically around the table.

I tried taking the photo in the middle of the day, but the light was way too harsh, so I waited until late afternoon when the sun had gone behind the fence and left nice muted shadows across the yard.

I took a dozen photos from different angles, selected the one that most appealed to me and then used an editing tool to create something a little different.

Here is the result.

A photo taken in my front or back yard

There are still two days left til the challenge ends, so there are probably lots of photos to come yet, but at least I don't have to worry about it or think about it any more!

Yesterday, Adoring Husband and I submitted our photos for the garden photography competition.

My tip is that Adoring Husband will win the competition this year.  His photos are very very good.

Anyway 'Thank You' to my 'Ideas Girl' who inspired my entry into the challenge.

Nite all.

 

No comments: