Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Return to Paradise

Adoring Husband returned home today and despite one aborted landing, his plane touched down safe and sound on the tarmac in the pouring rain.  He did not enjoy the flight and he was very happy to be home!

Earlier in the day, I had driven into town with Woman of Many Talents, and she dropped me off at Vegan Chickie's place.

I got to spend the morning with my little Chicklet, who provided hours of enjoyable entertainment.  She is growing up so fast and is SO close to walking but doesn't even realise it.

She has lots of words in her vocabulary, speaks a second language (not exactly sure what it is - perhaps Martian or Neptunian??) and is full of energy.

I adore her.

Adoring Husband, Vegan Chickie, Chicklet and I had lunch at The Bayswater, which was very nice - even though the weather was still very rainy.  The Bare-chested Chef joined us for a while as well, but he was preparing to go to work.

We said our goodbyes and then drove past lots of localised flooding on our way home.  Quite amazing considering there had only been 30 ml of rain.

After we arrived home, Adoring Husband gave me my Breaking Dawn dvd.  Well actually, he didn't have a chance to give it to me because I snatched it out of his hand so fast that he didn't know what hit him!

Then he told me to sit down and close my eyes, which I did obediently.

He placed a gift wrapped package on my lap with a card.  The wrapping paper was white with gold hearts and the card was a beautiful anniversary card inside which he had written lovely romantic sentiments.

Our anniversary isn't for another 6 weeks.

I unwrapped (more like 'tore apart') the package and there, to my delight, was a Canon wide angle lens!  Wonderful!  Adoring Husband wanted me to have it for my road trip next month and thought I might like to practise with it beforehand.  What a treasure :o)

I am spoilt.  I deserve it.  Oh yes I do!

March Photo a Day Challenge ...


... and that is all for today.

Adoring Husband had a busy and hectic week in Sydney, catching up with mates, spending time with his Mum for her birthday and joining in birthday celebrations with other friends.

He is, however, very pleased to return to paradise.

Nite all

No comments: