Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nana Naps Rock!

Dennis the Menace gave me some Herring this morning.  They were in a little ziplock bag.  They were especially to feed the Eagles and Kites.

There were two Kites in the tall tree near the Seat of Knowledge, so I tossed a Herring into the river under the tree and it sunk!

Why does this happen to me?

When the men toss their old bait fish out of the boat, they float.  Why do my dead fish sink??

So, I rode down to the Lions Park, parked my trike under a tree, and walked along the beach to the trees where the Kites sometimes sit.

I took a Herring and tossed it onto the sand just down from the trees and then I sat on a small sand hill with my camera at the ready.

I kept my eye on the trees, waiting for the Kite to appear.  After about 15 minutes it appeared alright ... from behind me instead of from the trees!

It hovered high above the fish for about 30 seconds.  I had the camera focussed on the fish and I had one eye looking through the view finder and while the other tried to keep the bird in view so that I could time my shot.

It swooped down so fast!!  I fired off a few shots hoping to capture him in a couple of frames, but when I checked, there was only one frame with him in it and it is very blurred...


Next time I will use a different lens and a faster shutter speed.  The potential was there!  You will see the improvement with the next shot - which I will get before the end of the week!

I had morning tea with the girls today, which I always enjoy :D

This afternoon, I was feeling decidedly weary, so I decided to have a nana nap before my 'date' with the gang (fish and chips at the park for dinner).

I climbed into bed at 2.45pm.  There was a deliciously cool breeze coming through the bedroom window and the neighbourhood was very quiet.  Even Psychotic Dogs didn't make a sound!  I slept until my alarm woke me at 4.15pm.

It was the best nana nap ever!

When I woke up, I quickly made my salad - watermelon, tomato, cucumber, avocado, onion, walnuts and rocket.  I threw two bottles of cold water in the bag along with a fork and a sachet of french dressing.  I grabbed my camera bag and jumped on my trike to pedal to the park.

There were lorikeets everywhere I looked!  So I stopped a couple of times to get some shots.



March Challenge.

14. A Sign
104 Challenge.

Devonshire Tea - Photo 68 of 104
Tomorrow is Chicklet day, so I'd best get to bed.  The nana nap rocked, but now I could probably stay awake til 2am!  Wish me luck.

Nite all.

No comments: