Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 16, 2012

The Trek Continued

I love low tide!  When the water recedes so far that you can walk for an hour and still have dry feet.

Searching for puddles and rock pools full of sea snails, shells, tiny fish, seaweed, jellyfish, all sorts of crabs, stingrays, and turtles, all the while hot on the heels of a whole range of sea birds like seagulls, terns, oyster catchers, stints, pelicans and curlews.


Overhead, soaring high, were Whistling Kites, Brahminy Kites and White Bellied Sea Eagles, none of which were interested in my tasty herrings!  Ugh!

There was even a goanna sunning himself on the rocks before I went for my seventy minute walk along the beach.


I took a lot of photos today, but none with my new lens.  I also deleted a lot of photos today that didn't make the cut.

I followed the Sea Eagles up to the Lion's Park but they disappeared after that, so I took a couple of photos before I returned home to Adoring Husband, four hours after I had left home this morning.



So I hope that today is the start of a beach walking habit that I can continue for life!

But tomorrow is Chicklet day, so there will be no walking along the beach in the morning ... perhaps in the afternoon, if I can find the motivation - I am not an afternoon person.

Right now, I have two football matches to watch, including my beloved Broncos.

Nite all. 

2 comments:

JR said...

Beautiful photographs. I am greeting

Age said...

Thank you so much and thank you also, for taking the time to comment. It's nice to hear from you :o)