Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's All About Timing

It was pouring with rain when I had to walk to the bus stop this morning.

I had an umbrella packed in my bag, but so that I wouldn't have to carry a wet umbrella on the bus, Adoring Husband walked with me to the bus stop with two big golf umbrellas, and then took them both home after I boarded the bus.

The rain stopped just before the bus arrived (it's all about the timing).

Unfortunately, Rocket Rod was my driver this morning and he drove even more carelessly than usual in the wet conditions.

Luckily, just before we got to the road that scares me the most, a slow driver in a ute pulled out in front of us and Rocket Rod had to slow down (it's all about the timing).

I am not a religious person, but I prayed that we would arrive in The Bay safe and sound!

I think I have no choice but to lodge a complaint with the bus company about his driving.  To fear for my life once every week is not an option and dying in a bus crash is not on my 'to do' list in this lifetime!

The next bus driver, who took me to the pier, drove so slowly that I was sure I could have slow jogged faster than the bus was moving ... however that is more preferable than fearing for my life.

I arrived at the pier right on the turn of the tide (it's all about the timing), so the water was like glass and the dark clouds and blue sky was reflecting so beautifully in the water.


 


I got some lovely shots with my new wide angle lens, but also missed some great shots because I didn't take my 400 mm lens.

 
I missed the birds dive bombing into the glassy water catching their breakfasts.  Actually, I took some shots with my smaller lens, but they were very disappointing.

The heavens opened about five minutes after I arrived at Vegan Chickie's place (it'a all about the timing) and it didn't stop for the whole three hours that I was there.

Little Chicklet put on a good show for the camera today, little treasure that she is.

Balancing bubbles (it's all about the timing).
Blowing at the bubbles.
Be serious, just for a second.
Incy Wincy spider climbed up the water spout.
A giant burst of HAPPY!
I got to see her take a few steps and then dive at Vegan Chickie like she was a trampoline!

After my Chicklet 'fix', Adoring Husband picked me up in the downstairs carpark so that I wouldn't get wet in the rain and we drove to the supermarket.  The rain stopped as we pulled into that carpark (it's all about the timing).

We had lunch, did our grocery shopping and then drove home in more rain!

An afternoon of football and home made pizza made with a gluten free, organic base, topped the day off nicely.

It is still pouring with rain and it's way after midnight and I'm watching a movie that I want to see the end of, so I won't be in bed til 1.30am.

I hope it's still raining tomorrow morning, so that I won't feel guilty about sleeping in.

Let's hope the timing stays on my side.

Nite all.

No comments: