Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Life Events

It feels very strange to talk about certain life experiences in here... and then receive kind comments from people who care.  It kind of jolts me and triggers a mini grieving process.

I was taught to be tough.  Don't cry, or 'I'll give you something to cry about'.  Talking about such things is 'attention seeking' and I should stop being a sook, shut up and just 'get on with it'.

As I get older, I look back on my life and the events that shaped me, and more and more, I wonder how I survived to this point.

There are so many traumatic events in my childhood that were 'shoved under the carpet', so many times that my life was dramatically tampered with, and looking back, I don't remember ever having any control over a single life decision.  

Today, I started a time line from my first memory as a three year old, to help pinpoint all of these events and how they may have affected me.

One day, I may share it in here, but for now I need to process it myself.

I know that there are people out there whose childhoods were a lot worse than mine, but today, I felt sad for me and all that I had to contend with as a child.

To the people who read this blog and who care enough to either comment or email, to lend me your support whenever I open up about something new in here, I thank you.

I cry every time because you say the nicest things :D

ANYWAY!!!  Enough melancholy!!  Let's get this show on the road!

Sadly, it rained today, so no riding and no photography for me.  I have updates on the challenges and an old photo that I played with and want to share.

March photo a day challenge ...

21. Delicious (my favourite salad)
22. Kitchen Sink 
104 challenge ...

A Flower Garden - Photo 72 of 104
Me mucking around with an old photo.

An ocean snail and a garden snail.
It's pouring rain again now, and even though I made arrangements to play golf with Woman of Many Talents tomorrow, I believe that after tonight's rain, the course will be too wet to play on.  I think I will text her tonight and cancel.

I just looked at the Bureau of Meteorology website and the radar shows a very big rain event over the top of us right now with heavier than usual rainfall.  The road to golf will probably flood.

My big road trip is only 3 weeks away now.  I think I'd best start making a 'to do' list.  So much to do, so little time!

It will be another life event ... I'm planning on it being a good one!

Nite all.

No comments: