Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Big Day Out

No ... not THAT 'Big Day Out'!  Just 'A' big day out for Adoring Husband and I.

It started with a very pleasant bus ride into town (Rocket Rod was not driving today) and I thanked the driver for providing me with my first enjoyable bus trip into The Bay for weeks.  He was very pleased and thanked me for saying so.

I spent an hour with Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet.

Chicklet played with her stackable boxes, her golliwogs, read a book, practised some words, giggled a bit, talked a bit, crawled a little, did some walking until she was all tuckered out and had to have a nap.

After her nap, I had about 20 more fun minutes with her, before Adoring Husband arrived to pick me up and we headed off to Maryborough for a photo shoot.

Our plan was to get a good shot for our flickr challenge this month.  I failed to do that.  I got some OK shots for my other challenges, but nothing that I would happy to submit for the flickr challenge.

I don't think Adoring Husband was happy with his shots either, because the last thing I heard him say was "we still have six days don't we?".  I assume from those words, that he wants to try something different.

So here are my Maryborough shots so far.



Railway to nowhere
The view from Muddy Waters Cafe/Restaurant where we had lunch.
There may be others later.

We arrived home quite late, around 4pm.

The football started at 4.30pm and it was Super Saturday, so we had 3 footy matches to watch.  Adoring Husband doesn't know it yet, because he went to bed early, but his team 'Cronulla Sharks' won their match 20-14.  He'll be very happy about that.

The Multi-cultural Festival is on in The Bay tomorrow, so we will probably duck in for a look.  I need photos of 'a colourful market stall' and 'a parade', so hopefully I can get them tomorrow.

Definitely time for bed now - I almost needed a nana nap after we got home this afternoon.  I am feeling decidedly weary tonight after our big day out!

Nite all

No comments: